BioAgPhos is a unique fertiliser that provides pastures and crops with an immediate and continuing source of plant-available phosphate. It consists of reactive phosphate rock that has been treated with a proprietary microbial culture. Unlike conventional acidified fertilisers, BioAgPhos is not water soluble and therefore does not leach or become “locked up”.
BioAgPhos contains a minimum phosphorus content of 13%, about one third of which is immediately available (i.e. citrate-soluble) for plant use. The remainder is slowly digested by the micro-organisms and added to the nutrient reservoir in the soil. The improved microbial activity in the soil after application also helps unlock previously-applied phosphate, calcium and other nutrients, leading to long-term benefits in soil structure and fertility. Download the BioAg Solid Fertiliser information brochure
Features and benefits:
- Reactive phosphate rock treated with a proprietary microbial culture
- Immediate and continued-release of plant-available phosphate
- Improved soil microbial activity “unlocks” previously-applied nutrients
- Rejuvenates natural soil fertility and structure
- Improves plant growth, nutritional value and yields
- Can be easily mixed with lime and/or gypsum
- Applied using a belt spreader
- BFA Allowed Input 221AI
To ensure healthy plant cells, It’s important to understand that elements need to be carried into the plant by phosphate. BioAgPhos’s plant available calcium and phosphate provides efficient root stimulation, plant sugar production, energy and plant growth. However, it must be highlighted that it is its microbe inoculation which truly maximises its phosphate availability.